A true classic, this nostalgic checkers set is our most popular! It is beautifully constructed of solid wood with black and natural squares that help to ease eye strain during play. The red and black wooden checker pieces can be neatly stored in the recessed slots in the solid wood board. Have a beloved set of chessmen with a base diameter that will fit the 1 5/16th inch squares? The solid wood surface makes a lovely chess board as well. The fine craftsmanship and durability will be enjoyed for generations and is a gift you will love to give. Did you know that many famous people of the past were fond of the game of checkers? Reference is made to checker games being played in Homers Odyssey as well as Platos writings. In American history, checkers was enjoyed by the likes of George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, Abraham Lincoln, Edgar Allen Poe, Teddy Roosevelt, Thomas Edison, Harry Houdini, and Will Rogers, to name a few. So, if you take pleasure in the game of checkers (or draughts if youre a Brit), you are in good company!
- TIMELESS: Time-honored game made of sturdy hardwood created to last generations
- INCLUDES: Board with storage grooves 14.5 x 11.5 in., 24 checkers, instructions
- FUN ANYWHERE: Play in pubs, restaurants, classrooms, on vacation, in your home
- GOOD FOR YOU: Teaches social, verbal, and cognitive skills, great for teachers
- WE GAMES: Making the world’s best traditional board games since 1977